The Art and Science of Python: Books and Learning Resources
Python is a general-purpose programming language that can be used for a wide variety of applications, from web development to scientific computing and data analysis. It’s one of the major tech skills to know in 2023 and beyond. If you already know Python, you will have a huge advantage over all the others who don’t.
The following article will provide you with a list of books and free courses that can help you to learn Python. This list is in no regards extensive but should give you a first glimpse on how to start learning Python.
An Overview of Python
Here is a very short video about Python giving you a general overview on the programming language and why it’s a good idea to learn it.
Top 10 Books on Learning Python
According to RealPython.com, these are the best books to learn Python:
- Python Crash Course
- Head-First Python, 2nd edition
- Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python, 4th edition
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist, 2nd edition
- Effective Computation in Physics: Field Guide to Research with Python
- Learn Python 3 the Hard Way
- Real Python Course, Part 1
- Python for Kids: A Playful Introduction to Programming
- Teach Your Kids to Code: A Parent-Friendly Guide to Python Programming
- Python Tricks: A Buffet of Awesome Python Features
- Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming
- Effective Python: 90 Ways to Write Better Python
- Python Cookbook
Python — Full Course
Here is a 4 hour course if you are up for the challenge of learning Python:
There is already more than enough content online to learn Python. If you want to share your favorite resources, share them in the comments! Make sure to bookmark this page and come back to it whenever you need a good resource to learn Python.
Good luck with your learning endeavor!